Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Hair and eye color

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just stood the two of them (AGT 23 - Patsy, at my house - and Marisol) side-by-side with their backs turned toward me. Their hair is very much the same color, except for the honey-colored streaks in Marisol's. My Marisol's hair has about the same curl as my Samantha's, and is about the same length as Sam's - curls hanging clear to her waist in back; while Patsy's brushes into a darling "flip" style, with the curl just in the ends. Those flipped-up ends come just below her shoulders.

    I got my Kirsten in October 2003, and her eyes are exactly the same shade of blue as Patsy's eyes.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Whoa, Marisol is ALOT lighter than I thought she is. I've seen AGT24, and she is light. I though Marisol was much MUCH darker.

    Oh well, she can end up being Elizabeth (with a tan lol) if the real one has the Kaya mold.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GreyMyst, I think Anne means AGT 23, not AGT 24. 24 is the one with long blonde curly hair, brown eyes, and freckles!

  4. #4
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by PrincessRuthie(Laura):
    GreyMyst, I think Anne means AGT 23, not AGT 24. 24 is the one with long blonde curly hair, brown eyes, and freckles!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, well whatever one is in the picture. I can never remmeber which number is which so I assumed it was correct. That pic makes Marisol look almost caucasian. I just thought she was much darker, but seeing her next to another light doll, it doesn't look that way.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GreyMyst:
    Whoa, Marisol is ALOT lighter than I thought she is. I've seen AGT24, and she is light. I though Marisol was much MUCH darker.

    I agree. And I might be doing the same thing for Elizabeth since she will prolly be a blonde. Is she really that light? Ive seen some pictures of her next to other dolls where she appears much darker. Im wondering if she appears very light because it is a close picture and the reflection of the flash.
    [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 19, 2005 08:04 PM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks! So Josefina is a little bit darker? And do you think Marisol could pass as Elizabeth if I decide to do that? Cuz I really want Elizabeth to have brown hair and eyes but I dont Marisol looking goofy and unrealistic in colonial clothes. Im really not happy about the blonde issue if you can tell [img]redface.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nah, youre right about the hats and being tan. Thats kinda what I figured, I was just hoping tho! Thanks for answering! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 19, 2005 09:17 PM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info about the hair and eyes. Anne, those photos were helpful. I love your avatar with AGT 23! She looks great with glasses.

    I can't seem to make up my mind between AGT 23 and 24 now. I was really settled on 24 and already named her Julie Amelie and she speaks French and will help with interpreting for my AGT 11 Violette, who I still can't understand. But the more I see AGT 23 the more I like her. Plus, I have 4 brown-eyed dolls and dark blue-eyed Nellie and Kit. No light blue eyes. No green eyes. So, I'm trying to figure out which doll to get. I'm afraid if I get AGT 23, Violette will be sorely distressed. The pressure will be on to learn French and fast! [img]wink.gif[/img] But then shouldn't all doll collections have at least one light blue-eyed doll in them?

    Julia

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Is Marisol's hair the same brown color and length as AGT 23 but less curly?

    Does AGT 23 have the same blue eyes as Kirsten

    Julia

  10. #10
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Smile

    AGT 23's hair is a little lighter than Marisol's (not much) and it has one beautiful curl at the end that will curl under or out (which I love), but Marisol's hair, obviously is curlier, and it has a little more depth of color, you know, some variation from strand to strand. My Kirsten is PM, so her eyes are much paler than AGT 23's. AGT 23's eyes are a perfect sky blue that I love. Hope I helped.
    Edited to Add: Marisol's hair is MUCH longer than AGT 23's.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 19, 2005 12:33 PM: Message edited by: mayergirl ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •